Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Power of Image-The Gift of Grace

Chronic physical pain dominated my life in the 1980's. Using Biogenics learned at the Shealy Pain Clinic, I began an extraordinary holistic recovery which far exceeded relief from chronic pain. DREAM POWER is a non-fiction book that is based on my PhD research study which explores my seven year healing journey that was mediated by spontaneous waking dreams. After the onset of these waking dreams, I began to study archetypes, the chakra system of the body, and the power of imaging. As extraordinary as it seemed at the time, I began to suspect that through my waking dreams, I was accessing archetypal images which interacted synergistically with my energy system (chakras) to manifest healing/wholeness/individuation. This study chronicles my healing journey and analyzes and discusses this experience-the interplay of archetypes(dream forms) and chakras (energy system).

3 comments:

Sonja Sommers-Milbourn said...

I've not only read your book, but have journeyed some of 'the way' with you, Mary Jo...It's always been a sacred experience to witness the power of connection that occurs when you share your gifts (such as your story...in the form of this book)with others. Among countless other lifelong lessons, I learned the meaning of a 'wounded healer' from you. Your tenacity and, sometimes, agony of birthing your story will continue to serve as a blessing to those who hurt (which includes no small number on this planet)... and for this, we thank you.

Flybait said...

I realize some may think of my Blog name, Flybait, as a derogatory term, when in fact many things attrack fly's. Too include S**t,But there are time when I'm full of that too. Good stuff mJ. Had a great time.
CYA MJ5 The Sequel
Flybait

flybait said...

11-4-07
Please send my little brother some light and prayer. He is hurting badly and is in need of a miracle. I know God only has a few and our family has had many, but I'm asking for one small one for him. He calls everyday crying and is in such despair. He finally agreed to therapy and has gone 1 time. He doesn't understand that this is the beginning not the end. He is sleeping in his car because he has no place to go. I dont know how to help him. I just listen and cry with him, tho he doesnt know that I'm crying. gotta go. Thanks everyone. Take care!